Volunteering at Campfire Creek may include donating time, finances, energy and talents. Without the willingness and the heart of our committed volunteers, CCTRC would not continue. These amazing people have a desire to be an active part of “giving back” to their community. They also have a heart for people. So however you may feel led to serve ….your willingness to serve and your support is the key to our success.
Volunteer Orientations are scheduled twice each year. These scheduled orientations are usually two weeks prior to the fall season and the spring/summer season. This meeting is important for those who are interested in working at the barn during weekly lessons. We would love to meet you and show you around our facility. Please give us a call and make plans to come and watch a lesson and be introduced to the opportunities at CCTRC.
- At least 14 year old. Many of our more “seasoned" volunteers are retired, age is only a number!
- All NEW volunteers are requested to attend a Volunteer Orientation.
- Volunteering in a therapeutic riding lesson as a side walker does involve moderate physical activity. Be sure you are comfortable with the physicality of walking in the sand alongside a horse/rider.
- Side walkers do not need previous horse experience but simply a level of comfort with horses.
- Horse handlers require experience with horses. Each potential handler will need to attend and pass a horse handling clinic held at Campfire Creek.
- CCTRC reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of a volunteer position for our organization.
- Appropriate attire is required to ensure the ability of our volunteers to perform in their role and to exhibit a professional example to our riders, families and community. Appropriate dress is described in the volunteer application packet.
Volunteer Opportunities Include: Class Side Walker, Class Horse Handler, Greeter, Fundraising, and Events.