Volunteering at Campfire Creek may include donating time, finances, energy, and talents. Without the willingness and the heart of our committed volunteers, CCTRC would not continue. These amazing people have a desire to be an active part of "giving back" to their community. They also have a heart for people.
Volunteer Orientations are scheduled twice a year. These scheduled orientations are usually two weeks prior to the fall season and the spring/summer season. This meeting is important for those who are interested in working at the barn during weekly lessons. We would love to meet you and show you around our facility. Please give us a call and make plans to come and watch a lesson and be introduced to the opportunities at CCTRC.
- At least 14 years old. Many of our more "seasoned" volunteers are retired, age is only a number!
- All new volunteers are required to attend a Volunteer Orientation.
- Volunteering in therapeutic riding lesson as a sidewalker does involve moderate physical activity. Be sure you are comfortable with the physicality of walking in the sand alongside a horse/rider.
- Side walkers do not need previous horse experience but simply a level of comfort with horses.
- Horse handlers require experience with horses. Each potential handler will need to attend and pass a horse handling clinic held at Campfire Creek
- CCRTC reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of a volunteer position for our organization.
- Appropriate attire is required to ensure the ability of our volunteers to perform in their role and to exhibit a professional example to our riders, families, and community.
Volunteer Opportunities Include: Class Side Walker, Class Horse Handler, Greeter, Fundraising, and Events.
NOTE - If you wish to volunteer, please contact the office at 972-937-7265, or attend a scheduled orientation. Please watch our Facebook page for up-to-date announcements.